Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blog #4: MOMI



I really enjoyed the trip to the Museum of Moving Images. I learned a lot but I also got an up close look at some of the things we learned in class. It is one thing to learn something and see it presented to you as a lecture. But it is another thing to see it up front and personal. The optical illusion of the bird and the cage really stuck out to me because seeing something that alters your perception or perspective of things is always cool and interesting. Being able to make a flip book was probably the best part of the trip to the museum. Before taking the class, when I first saw a flip book I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now being able to make one and see it when I’m older, I am more interested in the way it works and how it is conceived, especially one in video. It makes me think of the making of cartoons and other media aspects. Another favorite part of the trip was the Mad Men exhibit. It was really interesting how things were put together with such precision and detail. Overall the museum was a great experience and I would attend again.

No comments:

Post a Comment